Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Tables

Valentine's Day is a perfect occasion to set a table for two.
  I often collect dishes and placemats in sets of two so I can have more tablesetting choices when it's just me
 and my hubbie dining.





I've shared several of my Valentine tables over the past years but thought I would re-run a few of my favorites.



A few years ago I left my Christmas tree up and redecorated it for Valentine's Day.  The tree gave the room a nice glow.  Setting a tea tray is a nice way to treat yourself and certainly doesn't take as long as an entire table setting.     



This was a Bavarian tea set I found at Goodwill 
for only  $10.  It was just so pretty and too much of a bargain to pass up!



I put together this table right after a trip to California.  The  black and white placemats were a purchase in Carmel and 
I found the darling Valentine heart when we 
were in Solvang. 



I love this tea set that once belonged to my grandmother.  
It has just the right style for my tables and I use it often.









Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm linking with

 Susan's Tablescape Thursday
and
Seasonal Sundays









8 comments:

  1. Hi
    Such a pretty table.I love the white tea set on the pedestal! Do you use it for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your romantic, welcoming table. Your grandmother's tea set is indeed a treasure!
    Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your retrospective of Valnentine's tables. The V things I have are just for two, also. It is fun to have a few things that are just for the two of us, isn't it?

    That Bavarian tea set is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...no way to choose a favorite. They are all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tablescape!! I adore your white tea set!! And you knew that i would just swoon over your Tree, didn't you????
    I have several Valentines Trees this year.....
    Thanks so much for visiting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tablescape, and soo romantic with such lovely things for Valentine's! I love that White pretty teaset and the Bavarian one too...swoonnnn!!! I also love your cloche, adorable! Thanks for dropping by to visit!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! You are smart to collect in pairs. We definitely don't always need 8 or 12 of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tables are so sweet.

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!