Monday, June 14, 2010

Farmhouse Breakfast Table

I remember going to our family farm as a child and cooking with my great aunt.  She was such a sweet southern "belle" and a wonderful cook!  I loved watching her make homemade biscuits and cornbread  with only the freshest ingredients.  The hen house with freshly laid eggs, homegrown vegetables from the garden and lots of  great family time together at the table are wonderful childhood memories.   


I found this cute red gingham tablecloth with  matching hen and chick napkins at the farmer's market in Santa Fe last week while on vacation. 
  I was reminded of  those summer days  in my great aunt's kitchen helping her prepare meals. 




 I love visiting farmer's markets wherever I go to find fresh produce, eggs, jams, herbs and flowers.        



Red and yellow are such happy colors and are my favorites for a breakfast table.  I layered my Portugal red chargers with  plain white dinner plates.  The sunflower plates gave the table just the touch of  yellow it needed.  
My hubbie loves fruit cocktail and I used the yellow ramekins as small fruit cups. 









My table always needs a teapot and I love this Independence Ironstone I found for $5 at GW. 



I found the red metal buckets at  Goodwill for $1 and thought it would be fun to put the flatware inside with a napkin.  I also had some fun little garden tools in red and yellow I found in the $1 bin at Target last summer.     



The Borden/ Elsie  milk bottle I purchased years ago in an antique store.  I love the red lettering and Elsie's picture!    


While in Santa Fe I found these red rooster glasses and thought they would be perfect with the tablecloth and napkins.  They also reminded me of the milk bottle I already had.     




The white egg cups were 25 cents each at GW!  I have started a collection of egg cups as I think they are adorable. 







The yellow sunflowers I brought home from Santa Fe -such a pretty flower and they just make me happy!   


This little honeypot beehive is from a thrift store and was only $1.98.   





The little chicks were purchased at a
craft fair last spring.  



My farmhouse breakfast table brings back such wonderful childhood memories and makes me grateful for those special times with my
Aunt Angie.       




I'm linking this week with

Marty's  Tabletop Tuesdays
Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday
Linda's Costal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Southern Fried Dream's Practice Hospitality
Heidi's Wednesday Gratitude and
Susan at BNOTP's Tablescape Thursday
and Chari's Sunday Favorites

Join in all the parties..hope to see you there! 

38 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite tables I've seen in a long time! I love the colors and your layering and the adorable Rooster touches. The milk glasses and milk bottle are so sweet. Love the pop of yellow and sunflowers are so pretty. Just love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this setting. Would love to eat breakfast here. Love the napkins, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this whole table. It's right up my alley. You found some great stuff. Love the rooster glasses. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cute table Sonia! That teapot is just awesome and great find! Love all the fun mix of vintage and new items. the details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tablescape. The colors are so cheerful and that milk bottle is adorable. I want one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is so cute. It looks vintage. I love the coffee pot, pretty shape and love the sunflowers... Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table makes me happy. I LOVE the mental picture you painted of your memories with your Aunt. I think that would be a lovely addition to my Practice Hospitality party this week. What a lovely example your Aunt set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You post made me smile because my mother used to have that coffee pot...brought back some nice memories this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy table. Those little napkins are my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so cute, want to come have breakfast at your house, love the elsie the cow bottle and honeybees
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an outstanding job on this tablescape...I just love everything about it! Some of my favorites are those darling glasses...cute GW egg cups and that white ironstone teapot from GW! Thanks for sharing with all of us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...I hope you are having a fun time here:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunflowers are so pretty. I just love the plates and the "honey pot". To cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so sunny and bright. I love the rooster glasses and the milk jar with the cow. How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bright and cheerful table. I love the red and yellow, so pretty. The sunflowers, chicks and the little bees are all so wonderful. You have set a beautiful table. Love it. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a WONDERFUL table. I love red and all-thingss vintage farmware. This is simply perfect. I too am a huge fan of Farmer's Markets and check them out when we go on vacations too. I'll be in Rio Rancho later this summer...I may have to check out that Santa Fe market :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable tablesetting you have! It's country, it's fresh, and it's down right cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore your table!
    The gingham, the chicks, the borden milk bottle, the sunflowers, you have it all!!!
    Fabulous Job, its just right up my alley!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this tablescape! The red & yellow are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute table setting! I love your teapot, what a deal! I love the red w/the sunflowers too! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i would feel right at home at that table! and i love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The table looks so charming and fresh just love it! Those glasses are the coolest! Love the chicks and ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so many cute pieces! i just love the country fresh feel of chickens and eggs in the morning~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sonia this is all so happy and welcoming! I have always wanted to eat an egg like that and never have. It's truly precious!

    Have a blessed week sweet friend. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, love your table! Gorgeous spirited colors that just make you smile.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. The table is just fantastic. Makes me want to pull up a chair and have a cup of coffee. I love the combination of color and the little napkins are just darling. Thank you for sharing your table.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sonia, what a happy breakfast table...love the gingham tablecloth with the red and yellow dishes. The sunflowers add that extra special touch to an already beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE your table... it has inspired a painting... soooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You table is so cheery and inviting. I would love waking up to that table. You got some great things in Santa Fe. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a wonderful assortment of cuteness on your table today! Love your chicks, bee hive and milk bottle -- the rooster glasses are adorable too -- I guess I just love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE the red and white gingham cloth and darling napkins, and adding the yellow sunflower plates (and sunflowers themselves) adds such a wonderful touch! I have one of those sunflower plates, but now I think I need to go back for more! Thank you for your kind comment on my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i really love your table! the colors are so cheerful. it not only reminds me of days gone by, but all the favorite storybooks from my youth. dick and jane for example.
    i enjoyed it very much, thank you,
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi,

    This post makes me so happy. The tablescape is magnificient right down to the flowers. Its terrific. I love it all!

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very happy and colorfull breakfast table. Right what one need to start in a nice day. Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi sweet lady...

    Ohhhh, Sonia...this really is the cutest little breakfast farm tablescape that I've ever seen...I just love it!!! What time do we eat? Hehe! Seriously, though...your red and white checked table linens with those adorable matching "hen" napkins are soooo pretty! What a great find!!! They really do just "sing" cheerful praises to a good ol' country farm breakfast! I also love your pretty place settings...love the red and yellow together...again, sooo bright and cheery! I love it! Love, love, LOVE your little sunflower plates and ramekins!!! But I must tell you...that darling ol' "Elsie" milk bottle and the red rooster glasses just melted my heart! They're sooo nostalgic! Girl, I love how you used the little red metal buckets for napkins and tableware...soooo very creative and they look fabulous!!! Everything is just perfect...right down to those lovely sunflowers!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing this fabulous farm country breakfast table with us for Sunday Favorites this week...it was truly a treat!!!

    Well sweet friend...welcome home!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Santa Fe!!! You sure found some pretties there!!! Happy to have you home!!!

    Have a wonderful week, sweet lady!
    Love ya,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this, Sonia! What a wonderful cloth and napkins. The beehive is so cute too! Great table!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a delightful way to start the day! I love the red checks, the white ironstone,the yellow flowers, the chicks---all of it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi lovely lady.
    This makes me want to pull up a chair and have a cup of coffee with you. I love the combination of colors you have put together for your Tablescape.
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape. Hoping you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!