Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my
 favorite holidays!





Growing up I remember Thanksgiving 
was one of the times Mom would use  the "real china" and it made our 
meal seem even more special!


She eventually amassed an extensive china and dish collection from her travels and living overseas and loved entertaining her church group and family.   She has given me many pieces to enjoy and it makes her happy to know her things are still being used. 



The crystal on my table 
she purchased while in Japan.  
I too love setting a pretty table and I'm on the lookout for beautiful tablecloths and items I can add to my collection.
   I always buy off season for the biggest savings.



I purchased this tablecloth on sale and just fell in love with the fabric.  The orange pops of color made me think of Thanksgiving although it is a little untraditional and that's why I chose to use it this year.  I didn't want to repeat the same style table I did last year. 




I thought the table just needed solid color dishes so they wouldn't compete with the tablecloth.   I layered a white dinner plate over a brass charger and finished with an orange fall leaf plate. 



The leaf plates are great for salad or bread and are very versatile.  They were Wal-Mart specials 
a few seasons ago. 



The chargers were from an estate sale and were brand new in a box.  $ 3.oo for 4 chargers and I purchased two boxes.



The lantern I've had for years and the turkey tureen was a bargain find at a thrift store for $1.98!!



Beautiful copper dripless candles were the perfect color and I purchased these in Sonoma on a recent trip.  I used my grandma's white milk glass candleholders and covered them with some greenery and napkin rings for a little sparkle.  



Oranges are the perfect compliment to the tablecloth.  How easy is that
 for a centerpiece?  
I love topiaries and added them 
to the table for some height. 





Simple solid color beige linen napkins were folded and placed under the plate 
for a more casual feel.
I then used my mother-in-law's sterling to complete the table.

I set the table the night before Thanksgiving and love the soft candlelight!

Hope your day is full of fun, family, food and thankfulness!

Linking with:  

Tablescape Thursdays   
and 
Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays

5 comments:

  1. The tablecloth sets the tone for your beautiful Thanksgiving tablescape. I've also been having a great time with topiaries lately. Yours is just right with your lantern and greenery. HOpe that you had a blessed Thanksgiving. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about your table.... and what a wonderful shopper you are. Those brass chargers are fantastic, and I love your salad plates!THanks for visiting my blog and hope your whole holiday season rings with happiness and cheer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sonia! Oh how I love your table! I love everything about it. It's really beautiful in the candlelight. I am green with envy over the great turkey tureen find! What a deal! I also love your lantern. I haven't seen one like it, is it wooden? I can't tell from the picture. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know it must have been hard to dismantle this pretty table!

    ReplyDelete


  4. such a beautiful scape.milk glass candle holder so pretty.in total a neat and romantic setting for the evening.love your back drop of the table.thx....:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful table! Thanks for sharing it -- the tablecloth is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!