Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Bunny Teapot




This Easter table is from a couple years ago but still one of my favorites!  I'm not big on re-runs but as I'm preparing to go to Florida to move my mother into a memory care unit,  I'm not much in the mood to create a whole new table this year.   God is good and we are grateful that Mom can stay in the same assisted living and just move to another room so she can be better supervised and cared for.   I covet your prayers as we make this transition that she will be comfortable and feel secure.  


Easter is such a special day to me.   We worship at our church and then spend the day with my sons.  My guys are usually watching golf while I'm in the kitchen finishing preparations for a special meal.  Like so many of you,  I have always loved setting a pretty table for the holidays long before "tablescaping" was a word.   

 My friend gave me a truly special gift just in time for my Easter tablescape.        







 She knows I enjoy tablescapes and collecting dishes and she generously gave me this beautiful Fitz and Floyd tea set that belonged to her mother.  Such a precious gift and I just love it!!  The black and white rabbit and the carrot handle are so unique. 
Thanks so much Linda!!  






  I already had cabbage leaf plates and placemats in my collection...so I couldn't wait to create a special tablescape with these beautiful pieces.







This is my kitchen breakfast table and a preview of  the tablescape I am planning for our Easter dinner in the dining room. 











I layered a simple white Pier One dinner plate with my favorite green majolica.  I finished with  the carrot sugar bowl from the tea set just for fun.   






The set also included a cake plate with three little bunnies surronding a large cabbage leaf.  Such a cute piece and a perfect plate for an Easter carrot cake.  















Until the cake is done...I put out some carrots for my new little friends.




I love conservatories and greenhouses...this miniature version was on clearance for $20 and I couldn't resist.  The dragonfly latch is so pretty.








I filled it with a spring bird's nest, a vintage bunny from GW  and teacup filled with a candle. 





















Hope your Easter Day is blessed and you spend it with people you love! 

More pictures of my dining room table :






















I'll be gone for several weeks and certainly 
hope you have a blessed Easter! 

I'm linking with Kathleen's Let Dish



17 comments:

  1. I remember this wonderful table thanks for sharing it with us again. My heart aches for you as you prepare to move your mama. I walked this road with my mom for six years. She's blessed to have a daughter who loves her so much. Have a blessed Easter! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we just finished our conversation before I looked at your blog. This is just too adorable - repeat or not! Love those Bunnies and everything is just so you. Enjoy the day and all your Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall this lovely table, and it made me smile again. Wishing you a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ♥♥♥ this table...that is the cutest teapot. I hope your mother's transition to a new home will be an easy one, she will be in my thoughts, Sonia.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia, so happy to see this darling table again. I adore all those cute F&F bunny pieces. I know you appreciate having them to enjoy. You and your mom will be close in my thoughts as you make these needed changes. I know the heart break that this brings, but we have to keep our mom's safe.
    Hugs to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your mom will settle in soon and I'm sorry her health has taken a turn for the worst. Love your pretty dishes, but especially that tea pot. Just found you from Kathleen's party and am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you repeated last year's. It is beautiful.

    Good luck with your Mom. It sure isn't easy.

    I'd love to have you link your post to Seasonal Sundays. The link goes up at 7 pm on Saturday evening.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your Easter post again. Love the rabbit and cabbage pieces. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pieces, so pretty! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for a smooth transition for your mom. I know it isn't easy, went through it with my mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still love that beautiful conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to have you be a part of SEASONAL SUNDAYS!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Now I feel ashamed that I didn't decorate for Easter....

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious teapot! Love the cabbage leaf plates too. I am sorry about your mother, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    I love these pictures! I used to have the precious cake plate with the three bunnies holding it, and I broke it! I always took strawberries on it to our church's Easter reception. I would love to find another one. Would you help by telling me the company, etc.? I would appreciate it greatly.
    Deb Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Fitz and Floyd, sometimes they come up on Ebay.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!