Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescape

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year.  I clean, cook and decorate to make our home a welcoming place for my three sons, husband and furbabies.   I have always loved setting a pretty table and each year at Thanksgiving I use our "good" china,  but this year I thought I would break with tradition and try something new.  


I purchased a bronze orange tablecloth to coordinate with some of my favorite dishes.  I love the rich fall colors in these plates.


I purchased them several years ago at Target and display them in my plate rack in the kitchen most of the year.  


The pattern is by Tracy Porter and is from the Octavia Hill Garden collection.  I wish I would have purchased more of the coordinating pieces now.  I will be searching Ebay to complete my set.  



Since I do have three sons I wanted the table to be more natural and woodsy with less of a formal look.
The twig placemats from Pier One were the perfect beginning for layering dishes.  


Last year I found the chargers at Wal-Mart and I've seen them all over blogville.  I love that they are faux wood and the leaf pattern is perfect for any fall table.  I finished layering with a ceramic pumpkin
 from the Dollar Tree.


I love collecting elements for a tablescape.  Little wire placecard holders from Napa Style on our recent trip remind me of the beautiful valley we enjoy returning to each year.



The amber colored stemware belonged to my mother and she gifted them to me when she downsized her home.  They are heavy, not too daintly and
work perfectly for my men.



A centerpiece of pumpkins made from twigs was simple and completed a natural look on the table.


A few grocery store flowers and votive candles finishes my table.  




The table was a more casual setting and we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal by candlelight.



Desert was a family favorite...a Ribbon cake.  It's a simple and delicious recipe.  I topped it with the last blooming flowers from my garden.


Hope your holiday season is filled with blessings of family, friends and much laughter!


I'm joining:
Beverly's Pink Saturday
Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays
Marty's Tabletop Tuesday


Go by and visit all these great parties!


29 comments:

  1. How fun all the elements of your table are. I have the pitcher that matches your dishes and I always get compliments on it. You've set a wonderful Thanksgiving table with your family in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your dishes...very pretty for Thanksgiving and for all of fall! I really love the placemats...I have been trying to find something natural like that for a long time. Everything looks cozy and festive. Well done!! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tables ape is very pretty, Sonia. I like your Tracy Porter set. I have her Artesian set which is similar in colors as yours...beautiful warm colors! I hope your holiday weekend is a lot of fun.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was going to say pretty table, i have the same dishes and chargers, but when i saw the cake i lost all train of thought! fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous table. Love the Tracey Porter dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pweety!


    Barbie and Ken, please come and see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the earth-tone colors and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looked beautiful. I love the fall colors so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Your table is so gorgeous filled with autumn at it's best, I wouldn't want to put anything away! :) I especially love the twig pumpkins very rustic.
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with a lovely decorated table, but I go for the food not the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Lovely! I love the deep rich colors and the mix of woodsy pumpkins and fresh flowers!

    P.S. I found you on Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the twig placements and pumpkins. And the ceramic pumpkins are just too cute! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful warm and inviting table. I love the plates!
    Enjoy the remaining days of this long holiday weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sonia, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your table is so rich, yet so warm and inviting. I just love the deep colors. I'm going to have to check Pier 1 also...I seem to forget about that store but I know they've got so many great things. I would love to have some chargers like yours. That cake looks scrumptious with the berries and fruit decorating it.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend! I'm on my way out to shop with my Mom and sister!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Sonia, your table is just beautiful! I love those dishes and they would look fabulous on my table because I have the same tablecloth!! Isn't that coppery color just wonderful? I love the flowers in the goblets and the cake looks really yummy!

    I think I need a shed out back for dish storage so I can start collecting again. When we downsized I gave away sooo many sets of dishes but there are so many more calling my name! What's a girl to do?

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I am so impressed! It is beautiful. We usually go buffet style around here..... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very warm and inviting setting!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your place mats. Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Bundle up, we are going to have a cold night tonight.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful table and I adore your dishes. Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful and homey table you set for your family! Love the cake! Bet it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your salad plates caught my eye because I have those dishes as well. Thanksgiving I mixed the ones like yours with a very traditional della robbia pattern to give both a new look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table is very beautiful. Love the dishes and the chargers! Your ribbon cake looks so yummy. I bet the holiday was wonderful. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays also. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh....love your tablescape! Just absolutely LOVELY!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful table setting! You did an amazing job! How was the meal?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh...had to come back! I didn't even notice you were an Oklahoma girl!!!!! :) How sweet!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hoew beautiful! Love the snowing header.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!