Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fall Tea with my Favorite Scarecrow




Fall is my favorite season and I've been busy trying to get ready for the holidays and putting my garden to bed for the winter. 
I finally had a day to relax at home and time to 
start thinking about my Thanksgiving table.  I started playing with dishes - one of my favorite things to do!   My favorite scarecrow insisted we sit down for tea in the garden before the weather gets too cold. 




I got out my fall teapot along with some of the leaf dishes I purchased last year at Wal-Mart and put together a little tea table on the patio under our large oak trees.  




I started with my thrift store yellow tablecloth layered with an orange runner found on clearance at Wal-Mart.  


The chargers are from Pier One and I just love the natural element they give to the table.  The sunny yellow melamine dishes are from Target.
Finally I finished layering with the leaf plates 
from Wal-Mart.  


The teapot and cups were purchased 
last year at an antique mall.  I love the leaf motif. 
  





I filled my favorite cloche full of little pumpkins and used it instead of a centerpiece.










The sweet little chicken napkins rings were found in an antique store in Tulsa.  They are vintage and I was tickled to find them.





Scarecrow and I had a lovely time this afternoon as the weather was glorious and the leaves were gently falling all around.  




The cart my sons gave me for Mother's Day is filled with pumpkins and gourds sits near my patio so I can enjoy it everyday.





Next I will start playing around with my Thanksgiving tablesetting and making a centerpiece.  When we were in Napa in September I found some of the cutest wire pumpkin place cards and can't wait to use them. 


Have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember to meditate and thank God for all the blessings he has given.   Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!


23 comments:

  1. what a darling little tea party! we are on the same track, we had a fall picnic today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful day for a fall picnic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this post. ;-)
    Your scarecrow is adorable and how fun to have tea with him under your large tree.
    Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia!

    Your table for tea makes my heart happy! Scarecrow is so cute and the vignette w/ runner and little pumpkins is fun and colorful!

    So thankful we have known each other in blogging for a few years now.

    Blessings-
    kelee katillac

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and festive...I wish I were there in person to enjoy! I love the cloche and really love those chargers. I like anything with texture! this is pretty...great job!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall "happies" are great, and I'm with you when it comes to loving the season. Thanks much for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH your cart! What an amazing piece. Your table and scarecrow guest, both are charming so pretty in their setting! Happy Thanksgivings.xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonia, Your outdoor setting is so cute with your scarecrow. What a great idea! We've had such great weather these past few days and today it was warm. My daughter and I went to a couple of antique shops and I'd wished I'd joined her and worn my shorts.

    I love the photo looking up in the trees. I don't know why but pictures looking up through the trees toward the sky are so relaxing to me. We used to have a beautiful swimming pool surround by great big trees and I'd just lay on a raft looking directly up at the trays as they swayed in the wind. I loved that because you could often times 'see' the wind way up in the trees gently moving the leaves, but you'd never know there was a subtle breeze otherwise.

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great day for a picnic and I'm loving your fall china with the leaves, just gorgeous! I love your outdoors pictures of the trees and everyhting. Happy Thanksgiving season. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tea set and table. I also love your wire cloche!! A perfect seasonal tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No one would guess that your beautiful yard sits smack on the prairie. Wonderful Autumn tablescape. I have an appt. W/ Susan on Wednesday. What was I thinking? I may need to reschedule. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is beautiful and Mr. Scarecrow was blessed to be part of it. So many wonderful little suprises. Blessings and happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall tea! Amazing setting! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable is that scarecrow. Love the tea party under the big oak tree. All of your dishes are beautiful colors and look so perfect outside. I love how green your grass is and the cart is awesome. Great seasonal post, thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I love those chargers! Thanks for yur sweet comment and the congratulations! Happy Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outdoor setting is fabulous, so fun. I love the scarecrow and your teascape is beautiful. Such a great mix of dishes and accessories. Thanks so much for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful table. Isn't it neat that we can find such amazing things at Walmart and Target and put them together for an awesome table.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sonia, that is a lovely setting, i most especially love the different varieties of pumpkin. As you might know, we don't have many varieties produced here, those we have now are imported. BTW, why did you live here for 2 years? I hope you can visit again, i am sure you gained many friends around who still miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful table for our Thanksgiving celebration. Tea is a lovely party anytime.
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sonia,
    Your scarecrow is a handsome fellow. The tea things are very cute for Autumn; love the acorns! The leaf plates, the teapot and cups are all very nice for this time of year. Thanks for sharing and I welcome you to participate in my Christmas Tea or any tea for that matter. Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was tickled to death to enjoy this tea party with of all things a scarecrow. What fun!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful idea. I am so grateful for the very moderate temps we are having this Fall! Love your dishes, I have the same ones from Walmart! Happy Thanksgiving. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful table, I love the teapot!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!