Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eagles and Lake Tahoe -Outdoor Wednesday

My favorite lake is Lake Tahoe, California.  I fell in love with the area the first time I visited  while on my honeymoon over thirty years ago.  I look forward to our trips there in the summer.  




The water is crystal clear and the bluest of blues.  This beach area is a great spot to spend a day, kayaking, swimming or just to have a picnic.



I love the rock formations.



Another beach area at South Lake Tahoe. 




The workmanship on this little cabin is so unique and is in one of my favorite state parks along the shores of the lake.  




Aerial view taken by my son over
Emerald Bay.



There is an amazing change of color in the deeper waters of the lake so evident from above.

The best part of our trip this past year was seeing an Eagle's nest at the entrance to Emerald Bay.



It was amazing to see this giant nest in the top of a dead tree....



And even more amazing to see an young eagle in the adjacent tree.  ( you can also see the nest in the lower left tree)

  

Lake Tahoe is a nature lover's paradise!  

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Go visit Susan and all the other great outdoor posts.


15 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for another trip to Lake Tahoe. I am with you, that is my very favorite place to go. I loved it the first time I was there and never tire of it. In fact, I am going to try to go soon. I have been to so many of the places you shared today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever been to Lake Tahoe area. Thanks for the cyber tour. Looks like a fantastic place to visit.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lake Tahoe.
    Great captures Sonia.
    I been here once.
    Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature at its finest...in waterways, in birds, and all. The photos are breathtaking.

    My Wednesday post & sketch can be found HERE. I invite you to stop by for a visit if you can find time in your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! It looks like an awesome place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely beautiful! Fanstastic photos! Definitely somewhere I need to visit oneday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic lake! I just became your follower.

    Snow no More for Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of Lake Tahoe! I love Emerald Bay. It's one of the most gorgeous fresh water places on the planet. We don't go there enough and my sister only lives an hour away. Next time I visit her I think I'll suggest we go up there for the day - although not right now with this huge storm! They are predicting 10 FEET of new snow by the end of the week! Yikes! Think I'll wait till spring. :-) I'm back in Pismo this week on my post.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful photos. I feel like I've taken an unexpected vacation. I hope you are having a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't been to Tahoe but it looks beautiful..WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos of Lake Tahoe, It is a pretty place and nice to visit. I love that little cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you love it so much. It's breath taking.

    I'm grabbing our adorable new button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just gorgeous!!!
    I hope you have a great time at the shower tomorrow!!!!
    have a wonderful weekend...oh...and don't forget to stop by this week...starting right now to enter and learn about the great give away that is being held on my blog this week! I know you will love the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a beautiful location. I really like the front of that little cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love tahoe, i grew up there, went to high school in incline. you have great pics, its like looking at my youth, heavy sigh of pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!