Monday, June 10, 2019

So Much Rain!

What a crazy weather month we have had...so much rain, record rainfalls as a matter of fact!  
I can't remember this much rain since we moved to Oklahoma but everything is nice and green so I shouldn't complain as many across our state have lost homes in the flooding.



I've been out in the butterfly garden staking things up and cutting things back so they don't lean over in the dirt.  So thankful for the intermittent sunshine between the downpours!


Larkspur is so pretty but definitely needs help with heavy rains and wind to stay upright.  I hid a tomato cage in the bed and tied the stalks to it.


Seems we get a day or two break and then another round of thunderstorms hit.  We had a small hail storm a couple days ago and I was so thankful my garden only had minor damage!



The star of my garden this month has been the 'Snow Queen' oakleaf hydrangea.  She has really put on a show and held up through the wind and rain!


I purchased in a one gallon pot about 15 years ago and although it took a few years to start really blooming,  it has been worth the wait!  Hardy and reliable, Snow Queen has bloomed every year since it established.    




The early mornings when the sun is shining after the rains are a welcome sight.   The sunpatiens I planted love water but they need more heat to grow into the beautiful full mounds they are known for! 


I love the coral pink impatiens with the purple pentas off my patio.   The hummingbirds love the pentas too!  



A few pots of coleus are happy in the shade on the patio. They don't seem to mind all the rain we've had.  

Hope your weather has calmed down in your 
neck of the woods.  












10 comments:

  1. Your flowers and garden is so pretty and green. We are having the same problem in WV. Too much rain and than just enough time to cut grass and it rains again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia, you are a gardening magician! I've been loving your work for years and the admiration continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, you have always been an encourager to me! Thanks for all the years of sweet comments and friendship!

      Delete
  3. Sonia, it all looks so refreshed don't you think? I love Snow Queen. It's a difficult hydrangea to find. My friend, Beth, helped me find one in Tulsa at one nursery. Mine is much, much smaller than yours. Here, it is the Annabelles that are showing off. I'll try to do a post today. We need a little sunshine to help the summer bloomers to grow. Thanks for your sweet words about my poor cutting garden. Here's hoping third time's a charm. ~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She I do hope we continue with this sunshine...although it feels like early spring this am! I'll take it..got to do some weeding and it's nice to not be a sweaty mess!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love the different special areas in youtdd garden.
    I believe this hax bern the wettest spring sincecwe moved to Colorado 6 years ago. It has been zo nice seeing so much green in our foothills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pictures of your gorgeous garden.Loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your Snow Queen is simply lovely!!! I've enjoyed the pics of your beautiful garden!!!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!