Sunday, March 12, 2023

Fake Spring


 

We have several more weeks before it's "safe" to plant annuals in my zone.   The weather has been crazy, one day it's 80 and the next in the 40's.  There are some hardy perennials that can go in the ground now and I found several plants to add to my borders.



I have a red columbine that has done well through our heat and winter so I was happy to find some purple columbines to add to my border.


Limegreen oregano

I also found a more hardy oregano that I have planted several years ago and it has done well as a colorful ground cover and has spread nicely. 

Avanti Daffodils

Daffodils are blooming throughout my garden and I love having different varieties to enjoy. King Alfred has large bright yellow cups.  





Sweet primrose

Things are starting to wake up and it's fun to go out in the garden to see the progress.

 

Hyacinth









I love this time of year! 



2 comments:

  1. You have a very beautiful garden with beautiful flowers. It is joyfull. Have a nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring flowers are beautiful! I'm up here in Tulsa... aren't you just loving our nice summer so far? Very few 100+ days and plenty of rain. My flowers are loving it! Hope you are having a nice summer so far~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!