Friday, April 21, 2017

Garden Walk





Spring is "blooming" everyday in my garden.  
I love taking a garden walk early in the morning  with a cup of coffee.  (sometimes in my p.j.s)  
This is the view from my bathroom window as I get ready for the day.   The garden just calls out to me!  


Window boxes make me happy and each year I try a different combination of my favorite plants.
This year a fushcia is center stage,  pink and white begonias are on either side and sweet potato vines at each end to trail over the side. 



This french wire basket is on my boston ivy wall and is filled with geraniums and petunias.  The ivy has grown like crazy and I have to keep clipping it back so it doesn't 
take over the baskets.  


My pollinator garden has already been visited 
by Monarchs that laid eggs on my milkweed.  I'm so pleased that my little plot has baby caterpillars already.   I hope they make it through the complete metamorphosis without birds or insects 
preying on them. 




 Crossed fingers!


The 'Grosso' lavender plot I planted last spring has made it nicely through the winter.  The plants  already have buds forming in April! 


The iris border is in full bloom now and is so pretty.


This is a rose I purchased in Tyler, Texas last year.  It's called Summer Romance and the petal count is 75 with a wonderful fragance.  Can't wait until it grows a little more so I can start cutting the blooms! 









I've been busy planting annuals in the garden and in patio pots.  Planting in pots is so easy and allows me to move them around  and change out plants seasonally.  I love using hummingbird favorites in each pot to entice them close to the house so we can enjoy watching them.  The above planter contains red 'Salvia Greggi' ,  petunias,  basil, dusty miller, red salvia, marigold and johnny jump ups.   We haven't seen any hummers yet but we are ready for their arrival.  




I love this picture of red anemones with my dog Gigi smelling the flowers! 



Hope you are enjoying the outdoors.
I'm excited to be vacationing next week  in Williamsburg, Virginia and Washington D.C. 



Can't wait to share pictures of
 Colonial Williamsburg's gardens  and the
 Smithsonian Gardens in D.C.
They have included a large display pollinator garden
 and I want to get ideas for companion plants. 


We will be taking a tour of the White House and I've been told the Rose Garden is included!   





Did I say I was excited?  
Hope to have lots to share when I get back!









11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your blooms are just breathtaking!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely - I will be sure and check out your photos. I am from Hampton and Yorktown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sonia. Your yard is so beautiful, as it always is. You really do have the gift, girl. I hope and pray I can do something as pretty as this at our new place. I know it will take years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful garden!Love your flowers!Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos from A to Z, Miss Sonia! I love anemones especially.

    Have a great time on your trip and please let us know how it is and share photos of the Rose Garden!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonia,
    What beautiful blooms!! We won't see any flowers like that here in the northeast for at least a month or so....It is barely 50 degrees here today with a chilly wind!! Your garden looks lovely and lifted my spirits!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonia, all your flowers are so lovely! And I'm really looking forward to seeing your pots as summer progresses. I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Virginia -- my family and I just got back from DC and Williamsburg two weeks ago, and the gardens were breathtaking! Happy garden-visiting! -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonia- I honestly don't know how I found my way to you--lol I was looking up gardens/blogs and went from one to another and here I am. I am looking forward to more of your posts...and will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss any posts from you. Everything looks just beautiful there. Nothing blooming here yet. When you get a chance look up the Paine Gardens in Oshkosh, WI. They are not too far from me and it is a beautiful place to visit. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do love a good garden visit! Thanks for sharing yours. What is your secret to get all your iris to bloom together?
    Your upcoming trip to DC and Williamsburg will be great garden time. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing all the gorgeous blooms! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!