Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring has Sprung!


It's finally Spring and I've been so busy this week that I didn't get a new post finished.  I wanted to post something springy to CELEBRATE the first days of spring so this is a 
re-run of one of my favorite tablescapes.







One of my sweet girlfriends and her husband saw this adorable teapot in Cracker Barrel and thought I needed it for my collection!  Thanks Tina and Don ..so in honor of such a lovely gift I just had to set a little tea party table to celebrate!











The teapot's colors are perfect for my favorite flower petaled cake turned teapot stand, as well as the April Cornell placemats I purchased on my trip to Texas. 







I bought these knowing that my favorite dishes would match this pattern.  The placemats are reversible and plaid on the alternate side..I love that I can get two looks for the price of one!  









The napkins are in the plaid and I added another lime green napkin I've had for years as the color was a match.  I added the sweet little bunny napkin rings from Hobby Lobby.     









Layered favorites





















The teacups are from Hobby Lobby (half-price) and actually have matching plates.  I used my little GW found rose petaled  soap dishes for a saucer and to perch the egg cups on.   





 



I bought this little topiary at JoAnn's Fabric on sale...it's perfect for a small spring/Easter centerpiece.











I found this pitcher at GW just last week for $4.98.  We used it for all the entries of my giveaway (see last post)  I love the shape and the flower motiff made it a perfect addition to my spring collection of dishes.   I use pitchers for flower vases, since they are heavier and the mouth is wider than most vases.   







This adorable bunny was given to me years ago. I just love her..she is so pretty and the colors in her outfit are soft and sweet.  I found the little candleholder/pedestal she is sitting on for $1.00 at a thrift store.    









I love her shoes......









and purse!


These little chicks were tossed in the bottom of my shopping bag in Texas ...without my knowledge and when I found them their little faces seem to say:

 Are you my Mother?? 





I guess I'm stuck with them since I took them across state lines!  In the meantime  I made them little nests in my egg cups until they are big enough to lay their own eggs!   









Hope you take time out of your busy schedule to make a cup of tea and enjoy spring..or better yet have a tea party of your own.   





 













Happy Spring!






14 comments:

  1. You have the prettiest things for setting the table. You inspire me to buy things when I see them. Love those little chickies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I noticed your pretty picture on the sidebar and I don't remember ever seeing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful...I love everything about your tablescape with the pretty cake stand and lovely and fun teapot for spring...nice touches of whimsy. The pink dishes are to die for and the cute bunnies too! Love it all!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredibly cute, Sonya! I like looking at the close ups...the placemats are so pretty and I have a thing for stuffed fabric bunnies...I don't see too much of those anymore, they were popular in the "country" days. Yep, your table has me thinking of spring and that's a good thing!

    BTW, love your new profile picture! You are SO pretty! I never pictured you as a blonde! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya, this is the sweetest spring table setting. I love the pinks and greens. Your linens and dishes make me smile with delight. You are inspiring me to bring out some spring things to set a table. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teapot is so adorable and what a wonderful gift to get. Love the mug from hobby lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely. I love the whole look of your blog including fresh yellow background. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this post. I loved it them as I love it now.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post, if I saw it, the train has left the station! I love the teapot, and those place masts are to die for, what great colors. You brought a smile to my face on this cold gray day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love everything about this table!! The teapot, those placemats and the soap dishes as saucers!!! How clever!! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun table to usher in spring. Gorgeous linens...and the pink and white china, I love it all...and I am not even a lover of pink! The bunny is adorable, all dressed for Easter.
    Have a wonderful week, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't pick a favorite...the teapot, the plates, the placemats...they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I saw the title of your blog when I was visiting another blog. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw 'Miss Bloomers'...lol. I'm so glad I popped on over because it was such a wonderful surprise. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute teapot Sonia! Hope you have a fun trip to Carmel if you have not left yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!