Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Love Birds

Valentine's Day is only two weeks away and one of my favorite holidays.  I met my husband 37 years ago at Valentine's party while at college so it's a special day to us.   

    
 With such bitter cold temperatures this winter I have been indoors and "feathering my nest."

I decided to redecorate my favorite little hutch
 and not wait until Spring as I usually do.
I took everything off the shelves and gave the
 hutch a good cleaning.


I went through my dish closet and cabinets looking for red and white pieces from my different collections.

I added some red plaid napkins to the 
shelves for extra color.


This was my hutch last spring....


hurry spring!!


The hutch at Christmas...



I  added my favorite teapots which include one from my grandmother and "Mrs. Potts".
The soup tureen was purchased for $5 at one of my favorite antique malls.



The dinner plates are Sheffield ...made in the USA bone china.  I love the swirl border and I found these at Goodwill for only a few dollars!


This sweet bird was another GW find.  
The English Garden transferware is from an estate sale.  Four cups with saucers were only $8 and they are perfect for tea.


I always enjoy a visit from these two love birds!

  

Happy Valentine's Day!


I'm linking with 




6 comments:

  1. Very nice Sonia! How sweet to meet your hubby at a Valentine's Day party! How special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Valentine's hutch décor! So pretty and perfect for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful hutch and that Little cloth is adorable and romantic, I love it! How romantic the way you met hubby...at a Valentine's party no less! Thanks for visiting, you made my day! Enjoy this Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you met your husband at a Valentine Party! Love your little Valentine Display...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you change your hutch with the seasons! So fun and full of life!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite colors! I love the way you switch out your hutch. That's such an easy way to keep up with seasons and keep things fresh.

    By the way, we got married on Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!