Thursday, March 28, 2019

First Blooms


King Alfred

Spring has finally arrived and
 the first bloomers are my sweet daffodils.  
The yellow colors 
just brighten my mood and end the winter gloom. 
I've always said yellow was my "happy" color!

Tete-a-tete

The first wave of daffys have already bloomed.  The above tete-a tete minature variety is a favorite and blooms early.  They are small but have multiple blooms which makes me wish I had planted more.   We used an auger attachment on my hubbie's drill that I purchased at Lowe's in the garden department and it made fast work of planting over 120 bulbs. 


Avanti

I really love these bicolor daffodils with dark centers.  This one is Avanti and I just planted these this fall in several areas of my garden.  They have a sweet fragrance too!


I had a few pots of daffodils and tulips in the greenhouse.   I bring them in the house or put them on the patio to enjoy.  Our tulips are just starting to bloom and I hope they open tomorrow.


Sweet little violas brighten up my
 centerpiece for the patio. 


I overwintered my geraniums in the 
greenhouse and they add a pop of color
 to this corner.   



I purchased a few cold hardy plants to put
 in pots on the patio. This red ranuculus makes 
a great companion with purple violas. 
  


I couldn't resist this Spanish lavender at Lowe's last weekend and I can't wait to purchase more varieties when we are past our last frost date.


Yellow buttercup ranuculus is so pretty and I've potted this one with purple violas and
 a lime colored hellebore.  




Near the back of my garden is a beautiful saucer tulip magnolia coming into full bloom.  It's so striking when no other trees are in bud or leaf. 



I hope you are enjoying the first signs of spring with sweet blossoms.  I'm sore today from yardwork but was so glad to be in my favorite place pruning and cleaning up leaves to get ready for planting.  I'll wait until next week to start on planting annuals as the weatherman says one more 
frost night 
is coming our way this weekend. 


.   

Happy Spring!










1 comment:

  1. Sonia, you know how much I love daffodils. They are Spring! Aren't they? What would we do without them?~~Dee

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!