Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fourth of July Garden Walk

Fourth of July is all about family, picnics and being outdoors celebrating our freedom with flags and fireworks!  Wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't so hot?  I do enjoy my garden walks in the mornings when it's a little cooler.  Here's a little tour of what's blooming in my yard this week.



My neighbors surprised me with Yard of the Month...I'm not even done with my mulching and plantings but thought I would share my flag buntings and award.   


Knock out Roses 


Tropical Hibiscus


Red Salvia and a few pansies left from fall.


Hydrangeas have changed to lime green color and I love that they continue to change until fall.  When they turn that pretty mauve color I cut them and bring them in for drying.  


French wire flower basket  filled with 
red impatiens, caladium and sweet potato vine.




Shasta Daisies...can never have too many of these flowers....love how they brighten an area and are great for cutting!


Black eyed Susans and Victoria Blue Salvia 


Red Geraniums and Cleome volunteers


Trumpet vine...great for hummingbirds!



Our back patio and Belle relaxing in the shade.


Sunny border from under the shade 
of our oak tree.


Sweet potato vine just loves our Oklahoma heat!


Crepe Myrtles in bloom....love this
 watermelon color!



Dixie Bell hibiscus...this one is 
a perennial.



Have a  Happy Fourth of July!
Stay safe and hope you are spending this day celebrating with family and loved ones!


I'm linking to 

26 comments:

  1. A well deserved honor. Your garden looks gorgeous. Mine is already stressed from the recent heat while I was in Santa Fe. ;-(
    Happy 4th of July! ~ sarah
    PS
    Love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty as a picture.. Love your yard design. enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and inviting yard!!
    So very lovely!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful garden! And everything is so well kept. I love that window basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yard is just beautiful! Doesn't surprise me at all that you won yard of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely yard. I can see why you were awarded yard of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful yard! Makes me feel like I need to get to work! :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely glorious! Congratulations on Yard of the Month. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award. You definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sonia, Your home, your yard with lush green grass, and your gardens are beautiful! I just love the border gardens by the oak tree. Love your photo of Lake Hefner too. It truly is one that could be an award winner - I suggest you enter it in a photography contest - it is AMAZING, Sonia! I enjoyed going to your "About Me" page and reading about you.
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth...thanks for your sweet comments..just wanted to be sure I give credit where credit is due...I got the picture of Lake Hefner off Flicker...don't know the photographer that took it..but it wasn't me. I thought it was the most gorgeous picture of our lake and wish I had taken it! Thanks again!

      Delete
  11. I can see why your yard was chosen to be 'Yard of the Month'. Everything is looking fantastic. Well done. Love the colour of that Crepe Myrtle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea! I love a garden walk!! Yard of the month, what an honor. I can really see the love you put into it:)

    http://amellowlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sonia, I wish I was a more accomplished gardener. I admire gardens like yours, with all their colors and blooms. Congrats on your award! :-) ~Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserved the yard of the month. You can tell a lot of work and time spent on it. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your garden is so very beautiful! No surprise that you received this award from your neighbors! :)
    Hope your 4th was Happy!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Your gardens are spectacular - so lush and just gorgeous!

    thanks for sharing,
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden is so beautiful. I'm not the least bit surprised you won yard of the month. Thanks for bringing your gorgeous garden to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  18. You deserve yard of the month! What a beautiful garden you have. My shasta daisies are blooming away also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your yard award! I think you deserve it. Your flowers and shrubs are gorgeous. There's nothing like a big old oak tree for shade, and I love the color of potato vines. Beautiful! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your french wire basket is beyond fabulous! It looks so pretty against your home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not surprised that your garden was chosen. It's so beautiful and so well maintained. Unfortunately my flowers are not doing well at all. It's so hot here on the east coast. My crepe myrtles are going great but that's about it.

    Love your pretty patio too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely. No wonder you won. I love the paint color of your house btw. It lends so well to your garden. Happy 4th a bit late.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am not suprised that you got the award! What an absolutely lovely yard and garden!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sonia: Your garden is lovely, and what a fantastic window box and back patio--beautiful. Take care--have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations! you deserve every bit of recognition...it's all beautiful. thank you so much for linking up to this weeks garden party! hope you are enjoying your weekend...xoox, tracie
    ps - love that hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!