Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bloomers in Tahoe

While vacationing in Lake Tahoe I found some pretty bloomers!



Single Hollyhocks-I love this vibrant burgundy red.







This is a beautiful planter of coral dahlias with the darker burgundy foliage! Wish I could grow these at home.







Don't you love this sign?


Black eyed Susan -They thrive here and are blooming everywhere.



This is a view of one of the historical gardens at the the Tallac Historical State Park at South Lake Tahoe. The site is on the shores of the lake and has wonderful views of the lake and mountains.



This is a view from the gardens looking back towards the lake. I love the red bee balm--look at the size of it-a good 4-1/2 feet tall!



This little dianthus is a bright fuchsia pink and really stands out!




These are some wonderful rustic flower box planters at the Baldwin House filled with coral pink geraniums. I think they are the perfect compliment to the log cabin style of the home -originally built in 1921.


Make sure you visit Susan for all the Outdoor Wednesday posts! Have a great hump day!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia!!!

    I can tell you are loving your vacation!! You really do know the names of all those pretty flowers!! I have never seen Dahlia's in a pot~beautiful! The sign is hilarious, too bad it isn't for sale!!

    I hope you and your family have a great holiday too!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic place!!! I am so glad you posted them and linked in! I love them all...such great color1
    it is nice to meet you as well friend...I have enjoyed my visit to your blog...and will be back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous vacation spot to feel refreshed and relaxed! Your photo images are great! The flowers are lovely!

    Have a lovely week and safe travels~
    Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue on that cabin!! It looks like a happy place.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your cyber tour of Lake Tahoe area. Looks like you are enjoying yourself.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the best spot to go for a visit with girl friends, good food and / or a great book!

    If you get a chance please stop by and say hi!

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I love the Tahoe area. My husband and I have been there many times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tahoe...how wonderful! Thank you for sharing these neat photographs. I, too, love the sign. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved, loved your post today. Reno and Lake Tahoe are my most favorite places. Seeing all your scenes made me think I was there again. I do plan to go back very soon. Thanks for sharing these great places of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have picked a favorite...the red hollyhock!!! I love that color!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!